Pre-Seed® supplements the body’s own natural lubricating fluids to moisturize, relieve friction and to enhance the ease and comfort of intimate sexual activity. Pre-Seed® is safe for use by couples who are trying to conceive and may be applied to vaginal or penile tissues for lubrication and moisturization purposes. It is compatible with latex and polyurethane condoms.
Directions for Using Pre-Seed® with Disposable Applicators:
1. Remove seal from tube before initial use.
2. Pre-Seed® can be applied about 15 minutes prior to intercourse. Applying it before you begin making love allows the moisture to disperse throughout the vagina and allows more spontaneity for you as a couple.
3. Attach the applicator to the Pre-Seed® tube by twisting the end of the applicator firmly onto tube (see picture).
4. Gently squeeze the Pre-Seed® into the applicator, and continue squeezing until the applicator is full or the desired amount is present in the applicator. Most women will choose the 3 gm fill line to meet their product needs. Separate the applicator from
the tube. Be sure and keep the open end of the applicator upright so product is not lost. After each use, replace the cap and roll up the tube from the bottom. Do not leave Pre-Seed® uncapped between uses.
5. Do not store Pre-Seed® in the applicator for more than 30 minutes prior to use. This means if you draw Pre-Seed® into the applicator but do not insert it intravaginally within 30 minutes, the unused Pre-Seed® needs to be discarded and the applicator disposed of.
6. To apply Pre-Seed®, gently insert the applicator deep into the vagina. This can be done while standing, lying down or sitting (such as on the toilet). If the applicator is difficult to insert, pull it back toward the vulvar opening and redirect the applicator into the center of the vagina.
7. Holding the barrel of the applicator, slowly push the plunger all the way in to release the lubricant into the vagina (see picture).
8. Remove both parts of the applicator from the vagina.
9. In order to get the right amount of moisture for your body*, bear down slightly after depositing the product. This will expel any excess Pre-Seed® that your body doesn’t need. If desired, use a tissue to lightly wipe off any extra product that is on the vulva.
10. Discard applicator following use. DO NOT REUSE APPLICATORS.
* If this application method doesn’t provide enough moisture, we suggest you apply Pre-Seed® inside the vagina (as shown) while lying down in bed, IMMEDIATELY before intercourse. You may also want to squeeze a small amount of Pre-Seed® from the tube onto your fingertips, and apply directly to external genitalia.
If this application method provides too much moisture for you, apply the product earlier before intercourse (e.g., up to an hour), or apply fewer grams of product. Also, be sure to bear down to expel extra Pre~Seed® after application, and wipe off excess product from the vulvar area.
Directions for Using Pre-Seed® Externally:
Squeeze a small amount of Pre-Seed® (size of a quarter or teaspoon) onto your fingertips and apply to genital area. Vary amount to achieve desiredlubrication. Pre-Seed’s® mild ingredients require you to apply a bit more Pre-Seed® initially than you might with other products, in order to saturate the skin and provide longer lasting lubrication.
Directions for Using Pre-Seed® with Condoms:
For use with condoms, apply Pre-Seed® directly from the tube. Add a small amount of Pre-Seed® to the penis prior to condom use followed by application to outer condom surface. For semen collection, only polyurethane condoms should be used.
Individuals Using Pre-Seed® While Trying to Conceive:
• Consult your physician if you have not become pregnant after 6 months of product use.
• Pre-Seed® is not a contraceptive. It does not harm
sperm or interfere with their function.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Do not use if quality seal on the tube is broken; instead, return entire contents to place of purchase.
• Pre-Seed® is extremely slippery; clean up any spills immediately.
• Do not use product if active infection or vaginal trauma is present.
• DO NOT USE AFTER EXPIRATION DATE. Expiration date can be found on the tube crimp and the outside of the carton (4-number year and 2-number month).
Caution:If application of Pre-Seed® causes irritation or discomfort, discontinue use of the product. If symptoms persist, contact your physician.
IMPORTANT: The applicators are single use only. Dispose of each applicator after use by placing it in a trash receptacle. DO NOT REUSE APPLICATOR. If additional lubrication is needed, use a new applicator or apply by hand.
Store at room temperature (59o to 86oF, 15o to 30oC).
As a federally funded Sperm Physiologist for over 20 years, I knew many couples were using lubricants that could interfere with pregnancy. I developed Pre-Seed® to supplement vaginal secretions in a fertilityfriendly formula and to help every couple enjoy seriously fun babymaking intimacy!
Joanna Ellington, PhD